Authorize Handrail to use your existing cloud storage provider. Then, simply add related files to studies to keep everything organized.
Handrail supports all major cloud storage providers:
- Google Drive
- Microsoft OneDrive
Once the Admin has selected a cloud storage provider to be used with Handrail (under Settings), the following functionality is available:
- Add images in research plans, interview guides, and summary reports
- Attach related files to a study
Authorizing a Cloud Storage Provider
To enable storage integration, the Admin will select a cloud storage provider and a folder where Handrail should store files:
- Navigate to Menu > Settings.
- Under the Integrations section, select Connect.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to select your preferred cloud storage provider and the folder where you would like Handrail to store files.
Once the storage integration is enabled, each team member will be individually prompted to authorize Handrail to access files on their behalf with the selected storage provider:
- Log into Handrail.
- Select "Authorize" at the top of the screen to allow Handrail to manage files on your behalf. (You may continue to use Handrail without authorizing. However, you will not be able to view or add any files.)
- If the authorization fails, you may not have access to the folder selected for use with Handrail. Have your admin ensure that all team members using Handrail also have permission to access the folder through the storage provider.
Adding Related Files to a Study
To upload files related to a study:
- Open the study.
- Navigate to the Summary tab.
- Open the Files panel on the right side of the screen.
- Select "Add". (Cloud storage must be connected for this option to be available.)
NOTE: Handrail will automatically manage the creation of subfolders for each study as you add files to studies.
Need more information or have questions we didn't cover here? Get in touch!