Use your existing cloud storage provider to use images during the research process and keep files related to research organized.
Handrail supports all major cloud storage providers:
- Google Drive
- Microsoft OneDrive
Once the Admin has selected a cloud storage provider to be used with Handrail (under Settings), the following functionality is available:
- Use images throughout the research process
- Add images to research plans, interview guides, and summary reports
- Add a cover image on insights
- Include images while analyzing data on the analysis board
- Attach related files to a study
Authorizing a Cloud Storage Provider
To enable storage integration, the Admin will select a cloud storage provider and a folder where Handrail should store files:
- Navigate to Menu > Settings.
- Under the Integrations section, select Connect.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to select your preferred cloud storage provider and the folder where you would like Handrail to store files.
Once the storage integration is enabled, each team member will be individually prompted to authorize Handrail to access files on their behalf with the selected storage provider:
- Log into Handrail.
- Select "Authorize" at the top of the screen to allow Handrail to manage files on your behalf. (You may continue to use Handrail without authorizing. However, you will not be able to view or add any files.)
- If the authorization fails, you may not have access to the folder selected for use with Handrail. Have your admin ensure that all team members using Handrail also have permission to access the folder through the storage provider.
Attaching Files to a Study
Keep track of any files related to a study by uploading those files to the study itself:
- Open the study.
- Navigate to the Summary tab.
- Open the Files panel on the right side of the screen.
- Select "Add". (Cloud storage must be connected for this option to be available.)
- The file you select will be uploaded to your organization's cloud storage provider in a folder for this study. It will also be displayed in the study's Files panel within Handrail for easy reference and access.
NOTE: Handrail will automatically manage the creation of subfolders for each study as you add files to studies.
Using Images Throughout the Research Process
See the following articles to learn more about how images can be used throughout the research process in Handrail:
- Planning Research
- Writing Interview Guides
- Writing Surveys
- Analyzing Data
- Capturing and Sharing Findings
- Keeping Research Files Organized
Need more information or have questions we didn't cover here? Get in touch!